Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Um.... What did you say?!

We had our much anticipated OB appointment yesterday! The night before I was so anxious that I barely slept. We got to the appointment and waited... and waited... and waited a little bit more! Finally, Dr. Wenzel came in and started the appointment. It was routine stuff - no lunch meat, don't lift more than 25lbs, etc. At the end of the appointment she looked at my bloodwork from when I first found out I was pregnant. She looked at my progesterone level and said "Wow, that is a good level.. like twins-good". We all giggled and I joked about how none of my pants fit anymore and I am only 7 1/2 weeks along.

We went into the ultrasound room and I was shaking. I was so nervous! I think I was mostly nervous because I knew what we would find out....

She put the ultrasound wand in and I saw it. I saw them. Two babies. TWINS! I started laughing hysterically. I mean, isn't that what one does when they find out they are having twins? Brian looked dumbfounded, and Dr. Wenzel confirmed "Yup, it's twins!". I literally laughed the entire time we were in there. Laughed so hard I cried. Brian was silent, just looking at the screen with our two babies heartbeats.

Two babies.

TWO!

3 comments: