Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dear Cooper

Dear Cooper,

I have said this before, but it just is: you melt in my arms.  Your little body was made for my arms to be wrapped around you.  When I take your round apple cheeks in my hand and smooch your face you squint your eyes to almond slivers and smile with all that you can.  Cooper you are my sweet. You are the one to keep an eye on.  You are an explorer, love to be busy.  You get into everything, things I have never had to worry about before with the kids who I have cared for in this house! You try something, and try again, and again and again. You are patient. You are laid-back, and forgiving, even when Parker steals your toy.  You are the observer and you are cautious.  You are stingy with your smiles for strangers, and that is okay.  You love to laugh, eat and play. You hate diaper changes, wearing hats and being fed foods you know you could feed to yourself.  You are going to be my child who just does stuff. I don't even know exactly what that means yet, but I know it in my head. I am prepared.  Cooper, your hazel/brown eyes are deep and crisp and your sweet face makes each of my days brighter and better than I ever could have imagined.  You have made my life better. I love you with all that I am.

You are amazing.

































No comments:

Post a Comment