Monday, July 18, 2011

Positive Affirmations

Being a mommy is hard. Like ridiculously hard. It is especially hard when you are a full-time, no break, no-alone-time-even-to-pee kind of mom. I have said it before, and I will say it again; when Brian is out of town it makes me realize (and totally appreciate) how hands-on he is as a dad.  Total partnership, and I thank every lovely bone in his body for it.

I am going to put it out there - I am so freaking tired.  Evidently, my super-adorable 7-month-olds forgot that they are no longer newborns and wake up a MINIMUM of 6 times per night now. We are talking between the hours of 11pm and 6am, which means there are some nights I sleep about 15 minutes out of every hour and a half. That, my friends, is not going to cut it to make me a productive member of society. And frankly, unless you have a newborn at home, I don't want to hear about your sleep problems. Tossing and turning? Having to get up early? Not the same. Not. the. same.

I can tell you, however, that even with the blurred vision (seriously, I am so flippin' tired) it is totally worth it, and today while washing his hands Logan says "Mommy I like you, because you are my best Mommy".

No comments:

Post a Comment