Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bedtime Story

I remember bedtime rituals from when I was little. My mom used to sit on the edge of my bed, snuggled close to me, and trace her finger around my face.  The calmness of a moment like this, between mother and child, is something I will never forget, and I hope my own boys will never forget now that I find myself doing the same thing with them.

Logan's favorite bedtime ritual is for me to tell him "A Froggy Story".  It always starts out "Once upon a time there was a boy named Logan...", and has taken us on adventures everywhere from Grandma and Grandpa's house, to school, to the beach.  But, as it turns out, Logan's favorite story involves Logan and Froggy going to the park.

A friend shared the link to Storybird, where you can write your own story on a virtual story board. Logan could not have been more thrilled about some one-on-one time to sit down, while the rest of the house naps, and tell me aloud his favorite story for me to type.  It makes my heart ache just a little bit to read it.  Partly because I love how much he treasures these stories, and partly because he is growing up so fast, and is actually capable of telling a complete story from start to finish.  I am proud.

Without further adieu...
http://storybird.com/books/a-froggy-story/?token=dbnejw

No comments:

Post a Comment