Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ahhhhhhhh....

One thing to truly cherish, as a parent of a baby or toddler, is the rare occasion where you are able to have a full meal, from start to finish, without interruption. No flying sippy cups. No sharing all the food off your plate. No need to worry about hearing "I WANT MILK"....

Today, I had an uninterrupted meal - IN PUBLIC.

Logan and I did some Saturday shopping at the mall. When I realized it was lunch time, I looked down at Logan and realized he was ASLEEP in his stroller. Did you hear that? He was SLEEPING! I went to Panera, ordered myself a sandwich, and a sandwich and yogurt for Logan (for when he woke up of course, because you better believe I was in no rush to hurry that). I sat at the table, my perfect little prince dreaming sweet dreams in the stroller next to my chair, and I ate an entire meal without interruption. It was glorious. When I was finished, I tickled Logan until he woke up, and fed him his lunch while he was in the best mood ever.

Plus, Brian comes home today after being gone FOREVER!!!! (OK, so maybe he hasn't been gone forever, maybe it has only been 9 days, but it has been a LONG 9 days).

What a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment