Monday, November 29, 2010

If you don't have anything nice to say...

You know the rest. What I would be referring to are the strangers I run into (at the mall, grocery store, etc.) who think that my belly automatically creates a green light for stupid comments.

These are a few of the front-runners, however, literally EVERY time I go out in public I get a comment. Every. Single. Time. For this reason, I thought Brian was smoking crack when he suggested I use a motorized scooter while Black Friday shopping. 'Nuff said.

While at the grocery store, a woman looks at my belly, then my face, then my belly, then my face, and says "wow, you must be due any day now". I told her I was 31 weeks with twins. Once she picked up her jaw from the floor, she said "Well you look like you are ready to pop!".

I was sitting in the front lobby at IHOP waiting for our table when a woman reaches behind her friend and says "Excuse me, Ma'am, when are you due?". I told her I was almost 32 weeks with twins. Her reply? "Yea, I was wondering because you look MISERABLE!". Gee... thanks...

Yesterday after we took Logan to his first movie, we were walking back from Target and passed by Panera. There was a guy sitting inside the table area at Panera that actually yelled out to me "Hey are you having twins?". I yelled back "yes", and kept walking. I hope that his day then felt complete. I mean, I can understand how NOT knowing what a COMPLETE STRANGER has in her uterus can really leave the day feeling unfinished. Weirdo.

But on a much more awesome note, Logan has been cracking me up lately. Often, when he is asked to clean up his toys, I tell him "thanks buddy, you're the best". Today before lunch, when I asked him if he could clean up his toys he replied "I sure can, because I am the best!".

32 weeks 1 day here. I have a picture, but I can't motivate myself to get off the couch to get the camera. That should give you a general idea of what the picture looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment