Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bam Bam

So Logan has a new way of "expressing anger"... and I am not thrilled about it. We really try to work with Logan on teaching him how to express anger and frustration by teaching him to "use his words" and try to control his body when he is upset. Most of the time, he will stop and realize he is not acting in a nice way and will try really hard to use nice words. But... of course, he is a toddler, so he does have his moments!

The past couple days, Logan has devised a new way of expressing his frustration. He will make a fist, and pound it on whatever is around him: table, floor, me.... and says "Bam, Bam, Bam!!". Oh, no. No, no. That is NOT going to fly! So, we are working on redirecting that one. My goodness, Two is going to be interesting!

On a different note, however, Logan learned how to start earning his keep around here. My little helper LOVES letting Wrigley in and out! It has really come in handy for me, since often times I either don't have the extra hands, or I finally just sat down on the couch for the first time all day and just don't want to get up... so all I have to do is say the magic words; "Logan will you please be my big helper and let Wrigley in?" His face lights up as he runs to the door and uses all of the strength in his little body to open and shut the door. The look on his face is priceless. He is so proud of himself! I am so proud of him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment