Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pintrestingly Fantastic

I have an arsenal of titles such as this one, so you might as well just get used to them.

I am in this house pretty much 24 hours a day (unless you count the drives to and from preschool... which I do not).  Suffice it to say, I can get a wee bit bored with my surroundings. But since we have to be frugal, I can't just be passing out my credit card number for every item at Pottery Barn that catches my eye!  So I do what any determined, impatient, semi-crafty person would do.  I make shit out of other shit.  Yep.  I use the stuff I have to make new stuff. Boo-yah!

Re-purposing can be super gratifying, especially when the item you are re-purposing was purchased at IKEA for $0.19.  I love the Swedish.

I purchased this cabinet door a few years back, not knowing what I would ever do with it.  Well, with 4 boys in the house, the need for a hat-rack was great, and I wanted something that resembled the idea of a mudroom, sans a mudroom.

I took the already white cabinet door, spray-painted it white for extra gloss, attached $2 ORB hooks from Le Lowes, and decoupaged some brown ribbon to the edges on two sides to tie it in to the leather chairs at the dining table.  Oh, and my husband attached it to the wall with some sort of freakishly strong fasteners that hold like a gazillion pounds.  Score.  I am sure at some point in time I will find a child hanging from one of these hooks like a rogue gorilla, so I am glad it will at least be able to hold him.

In the meantime, this nifty little rack holds some baseball caps, soon to be winter hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment