Monday, February 7, 2011

Logan-isms

Every morning for breakfast Logan and I share a smoothie. It's a yummy concoction of frozen berries, banana, yogurt and soymilk. Logan loves it and drinks it up in a second. But the best part? He calls it his "smoovie". Oh swoon...

A couple of weeks ago, after we had put Logan to bed, we heard the sweet sounds of him singing in the darkness of his bedroom. This happens often at night, and we will mute the TV to listen to his songs. Sometimes we hear the classics, like Twinkle, Twinkle, or ABC's, but more often it's a Logan original. This particular evening we heard "Stay at the house! Stay at the house! Stay at the house!" set to song. Over. And over. And over again. We had no idea what this song was about until we heard it again last night... only this time we heard the beginning of the song "Daddy! Stay at the house, stay at the house, Daddy, stay at the hoooouuuusssee!". I am pretty sure that was one of Brian's proudest moments.

This past week I resorted to bribery. I prefer to think of it as successful bargaining, but let's call it like it is. Logan is pretty self-sufficient, but one area that has taken him some time is getting himself dressed and undressed. Now that the babies are here, and recently, suctioned to me at all times, I need Logan to pick up the slack in the pants removal and replacement department. In other words, he needs to pull down his own stuff to pee. When I am confined to the chair with two babies stuck to my chest, I can't run to his rescue to pull down his Diego underpants. When I first broke the news to him, he REFUSED to do it. We are talking freak-out, screaming, crying, and refusal. This went on for a few days, and almost a few wet pants, before it hit me. I told him that if he could show me how he can pull his pants down himself, and back up again, then he could go to Target and pick out a new train. See? Bargaining. He stopped. Stood there quietly, pulled down his pants with ease and waddled to the bathroom with Diego around his ankles. Oh for the love... Boy, this kid had me fooled! In the end, we both got what we wanted. I don't have to worry about apocalyptic bathroom experiences, and Logan got to go to Target, which is like Disney Land to him. Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment