Tuesday, July 6, 2010

11 weeks 2 days

Today I had a doctor appointment and it went really well! She found both HB's right away - said they sounded great. She said my uterus is really high already, which explains why I look like I am already very, very pregnant. I have gained 4lbs since last time, so about 1 lb a week which is great for twins. She said normal twin gain is about 1 1/2 - 2 lbs a week, but since I have been so sick she isn't surprised. We talked about delivery a little and she said that she would let me go to 37-38 weeks at the latest. If I go before 34 weeks and they can't stop labor, I will need to deliver at UIHC which I do NOT want to do. I really like Dr. Wenzel a lot and would love to have her deliver my twins which wouldn't be an option if I had to switch hospitals. I am just really praying for at least 34 weeks. She said the chance of Pre-E is higher with twins, and since I had it with Logan, I have a 1 in 7 chance of getting it this time. She said there is recent study that suggest increased calcium intake may help reduce the risk, so perhaps I should just load up in the ice cream.

I have an u/s next Tuesday, and will have another one at 18 weeks, then monthly from there. I will start NST's (non-stress tests) at 32 weeks (if not sooner). Man, growing two babies is a lot of work!

So all in all, I am feeling pretty good as long as I have a bottle of Zofran handy, and the babies are growing like crazy! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment