Thursday, November 5, 2009

5 Reasons to love a 22-month-old

1. Today Logan and Nile were playing "Handy Manny" (tv show from the Disney Channel). They had their soft tools - a hammer and a screw driver, and were "fixing" the rocking horse. Logan would crouch down to asses the situation. Do a little hammering. Look at it from a different angle, hammer some more. He stood up to proudly proclaim "MOM! I'm Mandy Manny!". He was so proud. Then when Eliza came over to steal the horse, Logan screamed, held on for dear life, yelling "but I'm Mandy Manny! I'm Mandy Manny! NO ELIZA! I'm MANDY MANNY!!!!"

2. Last night when we put you to bed, you just chilled in your crib until you fell asleep. But you were not silent.... you were saying "duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE!" over and over. We did, in fact, get it on video.

3. You have started proper usage of the words "oh" and "um?". I love it. Yesterday we had this conversation:

Logan: Daddy home?
Me: Nope, not yet. He will be home in 45 minutes.
Logan: OH!

Then we also had this conversation:

Logan: Where is football?
Me: I don't know, Logan. Where is football?
Logan: I don't know!
Me: Where did you put it?
Logan: Ummmmm....?

Great. (note to the concerned: we did find the football. THANK GOODNESS!)

4. Today while I was making lunch, you sat at the little kid table looking at books. You picked up the family photo book, opened to the middle and said this:
"Oooo! Oooo! Oooo! MOM!! It's GRANDMA!!" you had an Epiphany. Then you turned the page and said "OH! OH! OH! OH! MOM! It's Grandpa!". I think you just made your Grandparents day.

5. Today I taught you how to say "what up, dawg?". It is my right. As your mother. I birthed you and can do stuff like this. I also taught you how to say "transcendent" for no other reason than the fact that it comes out trafffhhehhot... and that makes me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment