Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New friend

When I was a kid I would have LOVED a walk of chalkboard.  I am picturing future play of "school", countless art masterpieces, and buying stock in chalk.  I am excited.

As were the kids when they saw the bottom half of our breakfast bar all chalked up.

It didn't take long before the entire wall was colorful, full of fun, life, letters making words, and pictures of imagination coming to life. 

Like this little friend!


Logan: Mommy did you see my sea monster? 
Me: Logan, that is a really friendly looking sea monster! I love his smile!
Logan: Do you know where sea monsters live? 
Me: Um, in the sea? 
Logan: No, mommy.  Actually they live in dark sea monster forest-es. 


As for the deets on the wall, I didn't want to splurge on actual chalkboard paint, so I used black paint that I already had (about a half a cup) and mixed with one tablespoon of powdered non-sanded grout.  VOILA - chalkboard paint.   This fairly large-ish area barely required any paint, and didn't need any prep in terms of sanding, priming, etc.  Total bonus.  So I was left with just under a half cup of paint, and ended up walking around my house chalk-board-painting all sorts of stuff. 

So, go now! Chalk it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment