Monday, February 27, 2012

Danger!

So this interesting event happened a few weeks ago, and despite the embarrassment this will cause my dear husband, I still have to share it here. because it is funny.

Since I breastfeed our bambinos, there is not much the hubs can be in charge of in the nighttime hours. When a wee-one wakes up, he is not looking to Daddy for comfort. He wants one thing, and one thing only. A boob.  So, Daddy has always been in charge of nighttime diaper changes (in those early days) and baby-retrieval.  So even now, (and yes, I realize these babies should be sleeping completely through the night) when a twinkie wakes up for a snack and a snuggle, it is the job of Daddy to get up, get the baby, and bring him to me in bed. That is service, let me tell you.

So a few weeks ago, I heard a baby crying (can't even remember which one, is that bad?) and I started the normal ritual of poking the husband and saying "Bri. Brian. Get up. Go get the boy. Brian".  Nothing. I got nothing in return. I opened my eyes to find Brian sleeping in an odd position - one knee up and the other leg crossed over the knee. Weird, right?! So I poked harder, and spoke a bit louder "BRI! Brian! The baby. He's crying. GET UP!".  So Brian grumbles, moans, and goes to step off the side of the bed and that's when it happens... he falls to the floor like a ton of bricks. just disappears off the side of the bed and literally shook the floor. I shot out of bed yelling "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?" and my dear husband is laying on the ground complaining that his leg was asleep and he couldn't move. I began laughing, of course and he in complete seriousness exclaims "I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!".  This caused me to laugh even harder to the point where I could no longer breathe, and I couldn't help but ask how, in the world, could he have been killed, to which he replied "I could have fallen out the window".

And people think I am the dramatic one.


1 comment: