Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chicago

Last weekend we took Logan on a trip to Chicago. We wanted to have one big weekend for our boy, completely centered around him before we become a family of five. We had a wonderful time. The weather perfect. When I say perfect, I mean it was the most perfect weather anyone could ask for. Sunny, blue skies, fluffy clouds, nice breeze, and crisp evenings. See? Perfect. We stayed at a hotel overlooking the Chicago River which fascinated Logan since we had a great view from our room. We spent Saturday at Navy Pier. We enjoyed the Children's Museum, the Thomas train ride, and some Chicago eats (think hot dog with the works). Saturday evening we met with Stacey, Ben, Jack, Chanelle, and Josh for dinner at Maggiano's. We were so happy to be able to see them, and I was of course happy to get in some Jack-snuggles. Later that night we walked Logan back over to Navy Pier where we snuggled under his blankie, he all comfy in his jammies, and me... well, I was just soaking in every breath, gasp, blink, and stare that my boy gave while watching the fireworks over Lake Michigan.

Sunday we joined my parents at the Lincoln Park Zoo. We walked the entire zoo, and even though I was tired, exhausted, swollen, and worn out, it was worth every ache to be able to share that day with Logan and his grandparents. We laughed a lot, saw some quite interesting behavior in the monkey house, and really enjoyed Logan's favorite, the Giraffe's.

Logan, I hope you enjoyed our first vacation as a family as much as Daddy and I did. It amazes us every day how much you change, grow, learn, and become more and more of a little boy, and less of a baby. You are going to be such an amazing brother, and I cannot wait to share many more family vacations as a family of five.













No comments:

Post a Comment