Thursday, April 22, 2010

Best way to spend my day

My little man spiked a wicked-high fever Tuesday morning. After topping off around 104, we were able to grab hold of the fever-beast and at least keep it manageable with some Motrin. That, and a whole lot of Mommy cuddles have been the past 48 hours. Yesterday was just the two of us, and we spent our time snuggled in the chair watching movies, eating breakfast and lunch in the living room, and taking a much needed nap snuggled together in bed. His fever had begun to rise shortly before nap, so I tucked him in tight, told him a story and traced the features of his face with my finger until his eyes closed and all I could hear was the sweet breath of my baby. My mom used to rub my face this same way when I was little, and I remember it being the most calm and relaxed I could ever have been. I could see the same feeling in Logan's face as he started to drift off to his nap. He slept hugging my arm, and I have to say, there is absolutely no place else I would rather have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment